So you have decided to move to Switzerland? This page is for you. This site will orientate you when you are facing The different requirements that need to be managed so that your move is trouble free !
For a foreign national, it is necessary to be in possession of an authorization of establishment or valid work: authorization C, B, G (second home), L, authorization for student or to justify of a family regrouping to be able to move in the canton of Geneva. Can thus acquire a real estate freely:
- Titular foreigners of a license C, in so far as they act for their own account and that the financing does not come from a foreign country in a dominating way (more than 80%),
- Nationals of Member States of the European Union if they have an effective residence in Switzerland,
- The nationals of States external with the European Union, holders of a license B, Is the acquired real estate is used to them as principal residence,
- All foreign nationals, even not domiciled in Switzerland, if the acquired real estate is entirely dedicated to economic activities.
Except the cases noted above, the foreign national eager to acquire a real estate will have to request the issue of a permit. In Geneva, the proper authority for the delivery of the authorizations on the matter is the Management of the legal businesses of the Department of the economy, employment and the external businesses: www.etat-ge.ch
For preparing well your removal and your integration in France, you can consult the sites: www.cityexpat.com et www.frontalier.com. They will provide you much practical information (housing, sport, culture, school...).
You have twelve months, starting from the date of the transfer of your residence, to move the whole of your goods. You can profit from a frankness for the importation from your personal goods, if you have used them on a purely basis deprived for at least six months. You will not be able to deprive you of your goods admitted of frankness before deadline a 12 months, starting from their date of entry in France.
Documents required in Swiss customs:
- a declaration of export,
- a detailed inventory of the objects and exported effects.
Documents required in French customs:
- an inventory detailed, estimated, dated and signed (in 2 specimens) from the real effects and objects,
- if you import means of transport or movable objects of value, you will have to fill the form n° 10070*01, of declaration of entry in France of personal goods, of frankness,
- a document proving that you had your main home in Switzerland,
- a document proving that you settle in France.
In return the French customs will give you:
- a specimen concerned of the inventory,
- a certificate 846 A for the registration of your vehicle.
For any further information, contact the French customs: www.finances.gouv.fr/douanes
To import a Swiss vehicle into France, you must:
- to make a French customs declaration. You will have to pay the customs duties and if you are owner of the vehicle since less than 6 months, you will also pay the VAT (19,6%) on the cost price of the car.
- to contact the regional Management of industry, research and environment (DRIRE): The DRIRE will carry out the control of your vehicle. You will have to provide:
- a request for certificate of registration (provided by the Prefecture or under Prefecture)
- a request for identification (provided by the DRIRE),
- a document in proof of property of the vehicle,
- an original of the foreign travel document,
- an original of certificate 846 A,
- the report/ratio of the vehicle inspection, going back to less than 6 months (for the vehicles of more than 4 years),
- A royalty of 86,90 ¤ will be required of you.
After this visit, your file will be transmitted under one week in prefecture or prefecture, for establishment of the automobile license.
The DRIRE in Rhone-Alps area: 129 front of Geneva, 74000 Annecy. Tel.: 04.50.08.09 .00.
The DRIRE in Franche-Comté area: 21B, street Alain Savary, 25000 Besancon. Tel.: 03.81.41.65.00.
Caution: You have twelve months, starting from the date of transfer of your residence in France, to make admit your driving license Swiss in French license. If the exchange were not carried out within the deadlines, you will have to pass the tests of the French license. For any further information, you can contact the Prefecture of the department of your residence.